When you hire me to edit your work, here is what you will get, regardless of the length of the project:
- Free initial consultation
- First chapter (up to 2500 words) free
- Ongoing dialog via email
- Chapters returned within 24-48 hours depending on length
- Promotion of the completed work, including cover reveals and links to sales
- Review of the completed work if provided an advance-reader’s copy or other version of the final, edited work
- Checks for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure and flow
Content editing includes:
- Feedback on story flow, pacing, style, and continuity
Full-service editing includes both proofreading and content editing.
What you will need to provide on hiring me:
- The full document (to verify word count and for content editing)
- Single chapters at a time, to be exchanged via email (for proofreading)
- All documents in .doc, .docx, .odt, or .rtf format
- A valid email address for returned documents
- Other information you feel I will need
Should word count exceed your purchase due to recommended changes, you will not be charged for additional work.
If you want to hire me, there is nothing hidden; all fees are spelled out so you can make an informed decision about how you want to proceed.
Over 120,000 words? Contact me for individual pricing.